Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It Takes a Village.......a Village Makes a World

Sometimes we do not anticipate the amount of support that we will get from others when we pursue our ideas. Going back to a former posting, where I suggested that we often feel separate, making our way in the world fending for ourselves, either unwilling or feeling unable to ask for help. How delighted I was to be approached by my chiropractor and his staff to learn how they could support and promote Trails for Dale.

It is no surprise that Dr. Gary Zetterberg and his office assistants Janine and Sarah would be anxious and enthusiatic to support this journey. For Gary, Janine and Sarah are all people who believe in serving others. They have devoted the chiropractic practice to it, and actively find ways to serve the community and the people in it. Most recent is their drive to get clothing donations for the less fortunate.

And so it is; that our lives here on this planet are about serving others. Unfortunately, too many of us are distracted by the illusions that surround us in the form of material gain. We identify ourselves with objects, like our house, car, clothes, jewelry or other external "thing." These things take us further away from our spiritual essence, that which is driven by love, gratitude, compassion, generosity. If you are looking for abundance, know that the stuff that Joy is made of is infinate in supply!

On behalf of Trails for Dale, I wish to thank Dr. Zetterberg, Janine and Sarah, for believing in me, believing in the Spirit of Trails for Dale and believing in the idea that serving others is the most significant contribution that we can make to our village and to our world. With love and appreciation, Thank you!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It is no surprise to hear that people are eager to contribute and to support you in your remarkable journey, because you are such a source of inspiration for so many of us! You emanate love, compassion and strength, and I always feel like I learn something from talking with you -an insight into life or a thought I never before considered, and I thank you for that.

I absolutely love reading your blog!

I hope you are well and enjoying the begining of what I am sure is going to be an incredible summer. Love and hugs, Melissa :)

P.S. I cant thank you enough for all your constant support and for getting me started wit