Friday, April 11, 2008

Ride your Ride

Yesterday I had the scooter out for the first time this season. As I headed down the road the bike felt different, the back end was wobbly and it felt unstable. I wasn't sure what was happening. I got off the bike, and realized the back tire was soft. What to do? Head back home or try to make it to the nearby gas station to get some air? I decided to take my chances and head for the gas station. As I did, I reminded myself of the importance of staying calm. Instead of imagining all the things that could go wrong (like falling off the bike into traffic!) I held on to the vision that I would make it safely to the gas station and get the air I needed. And that is what happened. Later I reflected on the experience. It is so important in life not to panic. We can always find things to worry about, reasons to give up, excuses for not pursuing our goals. If we stay on the bike, have faith in our destination and the journey, we will always end up were we need to be. The important thing is to Ride your Ride.

So now I am better prepared for my big adventure, knowing that if there are bumps along the way, I will make it through, and will continue on the journey............Safe travels!!

No comments: