Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On the 7th day........we rested! or on the 7th day the floods came.....or on the 7th day we...

This morning we left Quakertown, Pa to take the short trip to Exton, Pa. through Pottstown. The ride we short and sweet. The weather has been precarious all day, with thunder and lightning storms on and off all day. We made it here within a window of no rain, and arrived at about Noon time at the Inn at Chester Springs. Our lodging has been donated by the hotel, with the help of my sister in law, Kathryn Burnes. We are so grateful to be here, reunited with my brother, who will pick up the journey with us for the next few day.

As my Mom said in her blog last night, more and more we are finding that the essence of our experience has to do with the team effort aspect of things. When we work together, amazing things happen. There is no way that this journey could have happened without the assistance of numerous people.

When we left Quakertown this morning a young man walked by the sag wagon and scooter and commented on our rides. He said he was from Portsmouth, NH and was interested to hear what we were doing. Dan made a generous donation, and we appreciated starting our day on such a positive note. Thank you Dan.

Our accommodations here in Exton are first rate. Many thanks to Tony Reyes, Director of Sales and Marketing who authorized our complementary stay. We have been so blessed.

So tomorrow Betsy heads home for a few days, and returns next Monday with Jake and Liza, and my Mom's sweet hubby, Grandpa. We will miss Betsy, but welcome the opportunity to have Andy temporarily fill her seat. We are headed down to Airville, Pa, and will be camping tomorrow night, when the sun comes back out.

Much love to everyone, and we miss you all.

1 comment:

thePABurnes said...

I Miss You All!!! Especially the newbie you have on board!! I enjoyed hanging out with you and looking at the pictures of the trip so far, I look forward to when I can see the rest of the journey. Please be safe, watch for wackos on the road (not talking about Andy)!! Have lots of fun and enjoy each other. Kiss my lovie (now I am talking about Andy) tonight and any chance you get. My thoughts and prayers are with you always!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!